Question

Error when connecting to Klaviyo: Specified API Key Invalid

• 3 December 2022
  • 1 reply

This post was split from 

I am having the same error message. I opened a ticket, waiting for response. Thank you

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I can see that you’ve been having a conversation with my friends in the Support team who first recommended reconnecting the Klaviyo account using the following instructions:

• Go to My Apps.
  • Click on the Klaviyo app.
  • In the app account connection that you want to reconnect, click the three dots icon (•••) dropdown menu, then click Reconnect.
  • A new browser tab or window will open, and you'll be asked to enter your Klaviyo Public API key / Side ID and Private API key.

Klaviyo API Key

To locate your API Key in your Klaviyo account, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to Klaviyo account.
  2. Go to your account settings.
  3. Copy your Klaviyo Public API key / Side ID and Private API key to your clipboard.

Klaviyo API Key in account

Paste your key back into your Zapier account and then “Continue.”

They also noted that the API key generated should have ‘Full access API scope’ for it to work with Zapier. 

I can see that you haven’t had any luck fixing your Zap with these suggestions and my colleague in support recommended reaching out to the Klaviyo team to ask them about the API key and if it was working correctly. 

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you’re able to find the information that you need from them! 🤞🏻