Question

Error trying to post a URL into SharePoint List

• 17 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all - as a newbie Zapper, I’ve got stuck at an early stage.

I am testing a Simple Zap that detects a new project record in Insightly and creates a new item in a sharepoint list.  It works a treat.

However, I want it to ad a URL link into a URL field in Sharepoint

Here is my field mapping

I get this error

Failed to create an item in Microsoft SharePoint

Error from halted execution: Unable to create an item: The property 'Insightly_x0020_Project_x0020_Re_url' does not exist on type 'SP.Data.ProjectsListItem'. Make sure to only use property names that are defined by the type.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AndyHoneyZLCEnergy 

Can you post screenshots that show the full Zap step and other fields in the Zap step to give us context?

2 Step ZAP
2nd Step
SP List Settings

If I directly cut and paste the Insightly Project URL contents into the list record it works.

Thanks for taking a look

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AndyHoneyZLCEnergy 

Check the Status field dropdown to make sure the mapped variable value matches.

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps#01H7FR09FBEAKK4ZZP678QDE9T

Hi @Troy Tessalone  Status is mapping ok, as can be seen from these test records over last 5 days.  test for zap is one record in the list i edited and cut and pasted the zap contents into.  The Zap error i get is:

Error from halted execution: Unable to create an item: The property 'Insightly_x0020_Project_x0020_Re_url' does not exist on type 'SP.Data.ProjectsListItem'. Make sure to only use property names that are defined by the type.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AndyHoneyZLCEnergy 

Could be a bug.

You may want to try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help