Best answer

Error testing Zap: You can only send emails to yourself when testing the ZapierMailAPI?

I’m attempting to setup an outbound email on a new facebook lead, however when I test the zap I constantly get this error no matter what to address I use.

I assume this is something simple that I missed, but I can’t find any info on this error anywhere.

Failed to create a send outbound email in Email by Zapier

You can only send emails to yourself when testing the ZapierMailAPI.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 6 May 2022, 19:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Refreshadent 

Good question.

The error indicates that when testing you can only send emails to your Zapier account email address.

Better to use an email address from an email account you own. (e.g. @gmail.com or from your own domain email)

Ah! Thank you so much! Tried my personal email but not the email tied to this account.

Rereading the message it does make sense now, I was just confused by it’s meaning as setting up an outbound email and testing it seems counterproductive if I have to change the email again, but I understand why it’s not allowed.

Thanks again for your help!

Hey,

I’m still getting the same error no matter what. I want the “to address” to be my client’s email address, but I’m copying my email in the “BCC address”.

All my other Zaps who are exactly the same are working fine except this one.

Please help, thank you,

Ro

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@perenniam can you double-check for us that the email address in the “To” field is the same address associated with your Zapier account? You can swap it to dynamically send to your client after testing but for testing, these will need to be the same. 

If you’re still having trouble, the next best thing would be to reach out to our support team, here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help