Skip to main content

I’m trying to set up a Zap that will trigger when a new task is added to a section in Asana. First it should time delay, then it should check the value of a Custom Field, then it should send an email, then it should move the task to a section. 

I’ve tested each section but when I publish it and add a test task to the section that triggers to zap, I just get an email with this error message from Zapier:

Error while hydrating data from Asana: The app returned "task: Not a recognized ID: TASK GID]".

Please find screenshots of the Zap, configurations, and a test row in Asana. 

Hi @kchristensen 

NOTE: If you want the path filters to check for current Asana Task data after the Delay, then you need to add a step to find the same Asana Task again, then map those values into the Path filter conditions.

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot.

Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Can you post screenshots showing the encountered error from your Zap Runs?

Strange. I’m pretty sure in my troubleshooting I’ve successfully had this Zap move the item from one section to the next after a delay without adding that step. 

@kchristensen 

You don’t need to add that step, but the Task data may have changed during the delay time.

So if you don’t fetch the same Asana Task again after the delay, the Filter conditions are using “outdated” data, which depending on your logic, may cause the Zap Run to not process as expected.

Can you tell me the name of the step I need to add? How would I fetch the Asana task without using the Asana Task gid from the trigger step?

Hi @kchristensen,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Have you tried using the “Find Task in Project” action. The “Find Task in Project” action uses the task name to look for the task.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

That worked! Thank you for your help.

That’s awesome! We’re glad to hear that the issue is now resolved!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗