Question

Error Promoting Leads to Next Stage in Zapier Nutshell Workflow

• 21 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone!

I am trying to create a Zap that triggers with a new email matching search - Find a person in CRM Nutshell - Find Lead in CRM Nutshell - Update Lead in CRM Nutshell. 

So my idea is to create a lead every time someone responds to us from newsletters and promote their lead to the next stage. Now everything works perfectly fine until the last moment - promoting the lead to the next stage. If I assign “Name of the lead” to Existing lead it gives me an error (screenshot). If I assign the name of the person, it works when I test it but doesn´t work with actual leads. 
How can I overcome it?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Marina158 

Good question.

The Existing Lead field expects the internal Lead ID from Step 3, rather than the Name.

Dear @Troy Tessalone,

Thank you for your reply. 
I tried to put Lead ID and Contact ID from Step 3 (screenshots) but both give errors.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Marina158 

Please post screenshots of the errors you are encountering to give us context.

@Troy Tessalone 

Please find attached the screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Marina158 

This should be correct, but I’m wondering if there are other fields configured incorrectly in Step 4.

Make sure all required fields are populated with valid values.

Can you post screenshots with how all your fields are configured in Step 4.

@Troy Tessalone basically these are the fields from Step 4 + assign a tag. Nothing else is filled out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Marina158 

Things to check/try:

• Make sure the Lead ID being used still exists.
  • Make sure the Stage selected still exists.
  • You may have to reach out to Nutshell Support for guidance troubleshooting their Zap app.
  • You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help