Best answer

Error: " 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get' " when trying to update latest row in Google Sheets with a formula

• 19 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a Google Sheet which updates automatically from a Google Form, the most recent entries appearing as a new row at the bottom. Additionally, I have another Zap posting the most recent row as a Slack message. I want one of the columns in my sheet to contain a formula, but if I drag the formula all the way down into currently empty rows, the Zap that posts to Slack won’t work.

To get around this, I’m trying to make my new Zap find the most recently updated row in the sheet, and fill in the correct cell with the formula (which also has to reference the recently-created row). All the steps look fine, until I test the action and get the error message in the title. I’m sure that the form is updating to the sheet correctly, and Zapier is able to find the row I want to edit correctly. Anyone have any ideas why I could be getting this error? Thanks. 

Screenshots of my Zap: 

icon

Best answer by jesse 19 January 2023, 21:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @JMP happy to help here! You’re getting this error because the “Row” field is expecting a “Row ID” but you have a timestamp mapped in there instead. Swapping in the Row ID from the previous step should do the trick. And if it’s helpful, here is a similar thread with another member who ran into the same issue and how they resolved it: 

If you run into any other issues, just let us know - we’re here to help!

Hi Jesse, thanks for the help! The error I got originally is resolved, though something else has come up. The way I have the formula that I want inserted into the sheet written out in Zapier produces an error message in the cell instead; if I type the formula in manually on Google Sheets, it works fine. I think this is because the cells being referenced have their data written in dollar format, and when Zapier finds that data and sends it back to the sheet in the formula, it can’t parse it. Is there a way to write out the formula in Zapier just in terms of the cell IDs of the most recent row, instead of the actual data from those cells?