Best answer

error message showig unable to get a value when looking for responses. is it empty or missing?

• 19 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Can someone help me with the above error
the spreadsheet is properly connected -all the rows are properly named and mapped accordingly to the properties in hubspot, but still this shows an error
i do have some custom properties in hubspot -which i added as a row in gsheet, is this the reason

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 April 2024, 14:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Nave! 🎉

My first thought here is that it might have something to do with the value that’s been selected for the Row field as usually I’d expect to see a Lookup Spreadsheet Row search action ahead of an Update Spreadsheet Row action to obtain the correct Row number so that the Zap is able to update the correct one. Or does the Deal in HubSpot already contain the relevant row number that needs to be updated?

To help us to better identify what might be causing the issue here can you please share a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of that Update Spreadsheet Row action? We can’t access your Zaps so that’ll allow us to check the set up to make sure there isn’t anything issues with the setup. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

sure Sam please find attached

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing those helpful screenshots @Nave

Looking at what’s selected for the Row Number field, the issue is that the incorrect value has been selected for it:

8f39418bd93dd772dba252d84da5a7e0.png

The Row Number field expects to receive the number (ID) for the row that need to be updated. For example if you wanted the spreadsheet row that corresponds to the deal is row 5, then in the Row Number field you’d need to have the HubSpot field that contains the value 5, not the Deal Name field. 

Also, it looks like you’re using a Update Spreadsheet Row(s) action which is meant for cases where multiple spreadsheet rows would need to be updated. As the Updated Deal Stage trigger would run for each updated deal individually you’d need a Update Spreadsheet Row action instead, which would update a single row.

If the relevant spreadsheet row number isn’t recorded on the deal in HubSpot you’ll need to add a Lookup Spreadsheet Row search action to find the deal in the spreadsheet and obtain it’s ID number.

When doing that you’d set the Lookup Column field to reference the column that would contain the deal name, and set the Lookup Value field to search for the deal name supplied by the HubSpot trigger step.

For example:
18e722b3d9033d7814b69e2809d55e0b.png

Then in an Update Spreadsheet Row action you’d set the Row field to take the ID (or Row number) value from the Lookup Spreadsheet Row action using the Custom value option, like so:

546db6d5fc916dea9e55b17b50787c1f.png

Can you give that approach a try and let me know whether that get it updating the correct row in the spreadsheet?

Thanks SamB - updating the row with number worked and i could publish the zap
also any future deals i create in hubspot will be copied as per the command to gsheet right

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! That’s awesome news @Nave! 🎉🎉🎉

also any future deals i create in hubspot will be copied as per the command to gsheet right

No, the Update Spreadsheet Row action would work only for existing rows it would create new rows.

However, the Lookup Spreadsheet Row search action has the ability to create new spreadsheet rows if an existing row isn’t found.

If you enable the Create new spreadsheet Rows if it doesn’t exist yet? option, the column fields from the spreadsheet will then appear. You’ll then need to map the relevant fields from the HubSpot trigger step to allow the Zap to add the deal information into the spreadsheet.

For example: 
833acf17c5b0ae37bba90d207c7fa77f.png
That said, it would also be worth adding a filter after that Lookup Spreadsheet Row action to ensure that the Update Spreadsheet Row action only runs if an existing row was found. You’d want the filter to check that the _zap_search_was_found_status field is (Boolean) is true - meaning an existing deal was found:

987a6e5f6a967cf3a165b44fe0a841ed.png

You can learn more about how to set up filters here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

Hope that helps. If you run into any issues on that just let me know - happy to help further! 🙂

This worked thank you SamB . Your support is much appreciated 

Also SamB , a different topic. i have the spreadsheet with same name and tab -corresponding to my need. i have connected the gsheet and google drive with same email id, but still the worksheet shows unable to find . why is that . i am able to retrieve Spreadsheet  but not worksheet.