Question

Error message: Got Not Found when download file: downloading a CSV from google sheets

• 14 February 2024
  • 7 replies

I set up a workflow to turn a form submission into an upload-able CSV for an e-commerce platform we use.

There’s additional steps in the workflow that include:

• adding to an internal ticket system
  • adding into a mail chimp audience

I don’t want to go into depth on those steps as everything is working fine except step #8 - sending out an email with a CSV attached.

When my zap gets to step #8 half the time it works and the other half it returns an Error message: “Got Not Found when download file:”

I looked to forums for people experiencing a similar issue and the “workaround” was adding a step to change the file preferences of the google sheet to public because there was glitch with the public access within google drive.

I added this step and it works about half the time. I’m not exactly sure what to do in this situation and if anyone could offer any insight that would be very helpful.

Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Royal Rec 

For us to have full context, we would need to see screenshots with how the relevant Zap steps are each configured, thanks.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for responding. Over the weekend the zap did not work for the 1st workflow attempt but for the 2nd and 3rd it worked perfectly…

To go further in detail:

Step 1: Data is collected from a Jotform submission.

Step 2: Filter based on client store location.

Step 3: finds the file I am working with. (doing this so Zapier has the File ID for step 5*)

Step 4: Create Spreadsheet row with Jotform data

Step 5: Add File Sharing Preference - makes sure sheet is editable and downloadable for Zapier

Step 6: Find File (finding the same file) - could be a redundant step? I added this step after the file preferences to be sure the file sharing preferences were set to the right setting.

Step 7: Add comment in our ticket system

Step 8: Formulate Email to respective account coordinator to upload submission data and attach CSV from “find a file step 6”

Step 9: adds data to mailchimp and client new hires recieve a “new hire email”

Step 10: Clears spreadsheet row

Notes: Zap works on and off seemingly randomly, each submission is a separate CSV file, the only step that fails at random is step 8 with the same error code everytime: “Error message: Got Not Found when download file:”

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Royal Rec 

Step 6 is redundant.

In Step 8, the mapped Attachment is a temp file that expires after some time. (e.g. 1 hour)

If the Zap encounters and error and the Zap Run is set to autoreplay, then the file may expire before the Zap Run tried to replay again, thus resulting in the encountered error.

@Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for the response.

I removed step 6 and the zap is still failing at the Zoho Mail step.

The CSV is created (in step 3) only a minute or so before the email is to be sent.

Are you saying that I should create a duplicate of my sheet for every submission to ensure the file isn’t expired?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Royal Rec 

Post screenshots of the most recently encountered error to give us more context.

@Troy Tessalone 

The same error is occurring.

Note* this is an zap set up with same functionality except with an additional step with a filter set up which is why it’s step 7 and not 6. The filter determines which email campaign they receive. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Royal Rec 

Perhaps send the link for the CSV in the Body of the Email, rather than as an attachment.

Otherwise, you can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for further troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help