Skip to main content

I had a zap that was working fine.

• Trigger: Airtable - Record enters a field

• Action: Facebook Pages - Create Page Photo.

But I wanted it to post on Facebook at 7pm, so I set up a delay. Then everything hit the fan.

First I was running into trouble with a “This URL has expired” error. This article from Airtable recommended setting the option "Include file contents?" to "True”, and to have any actions pull from the new field which would be named “(Attachment field name) File.”

I did that (see screenshots).

There’s progress: now I run into a different error: Error while hydrating data from Airtable: The app returned "None".

That’s Greek to me, so I don’t even know where to start. Googling returned nothing I could find.

Any ideas?

Hi @Sigurdur130 

Try this…

Add a Zap step to find the same Airtable Record after the delay to get the fresh data from the Airtable Record to map into the Facebook step.

This is because if you are using a file object variable that file object is a temp file that expires after 1 hour.

Hey @Troy Tessalone, thanks for the answer!

The Workaround

The workaround idea sounds brilliant in its simplicity! And yet, I tried implementing it and ran into problems that make zero sense to me. 

Airtable has a field, ‘publish date’. In my test record, the publish date is 2024-09-28.

I made the ‘find record’ action search for that field and that value, pulled from the Airtable trigger.

And yet, somehow, it doesn’t find anything?

A question for further comprehension

You’re saying that the Airtable article that I was quoting, about getting around the expiring URL, is just plain wrong? Or is my limited understanding just my downfall, here?

@Sigurdur130 

Try this…

In Airtable, add a Formula field.

Use the formula: RECORD_ID()

That will expose the Record ID for the record.

Then you can use that field and value as the Search by Field and Search Value variable from Step 1.