Question

Error: "'list' object has no attribute 'endswith'" when running Jira Find Issue AI Action

• 4 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have set up a custom GPT with the following required action:

- Action: Jira Find issue based on Summary
Confirmation Link: https://actions.zapier.com/gpt/start?setup_action=Jira%20Find%20issue%20based%20on%20Summary&setup_params=set%20Summary%20to%20Have%20AI%20guess

When asking the GPT to search for issues with a simple keyword, it returns:

It seems there was an error while attempting to find Jira tickets mentioning "Dashboard." The specific issue encountered was: "'list' object has no attribute 'endswith'." This could be related to the way the instruction was formatted or a technical issue with the tool.

When running other Jira actions such as Find user or Find component, the requests work correctly.

Is there an issue with this action specifically in Jira?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @romses, welcome to the Community! 

Did you ask it to find issues that end with the word “Dashboard”?

Asking as the error mentions “'list' object has no attribute 'endswith'” so, I’m wondering if perhaps the GPT is trying to specifically search using operators that the Jira action doesn’t support. Do you think that could be the case?

If you ask it to find the issue with a summary that best matches “Dashboard” is it able to find the issue, or does it run into the same error?

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂

Userlevel 1

No unfortunately I’ve tried different prompts such as:

• Find issues that mention dashboard
  • Find issues that have “API” in the summary
  • Search issues that contain “backend”

All of them return this same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In that case @romses, it could well be that you’re running into a bug here.

I’m not sure if it’s on the Jira or AI Actions end specifically, but I’d recommend reaching out to the Zapier AI support team here: https://ai-feedback.zapier.app/contact-nla. They’ll be able to take a closer look into what’s causing these errors. 

Sorry to not have a more immediate solution to suggest right now. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with them though - keen to ensure this gets sorted! 

Userlevel 1

Will do, thanks!