Best answer

Error: Lead source Invalid format

• 28 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Trying to connect my webform in Webflow to a CRM (Fresh Sales). 

The Source is field is throwing an error each time the zap runs. Exact matches for fields in both places, but the error is ‘Lead source Invalid format’

icon

Best answer by jesse 27 October 2022, 20:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Pragma 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in order for us to have more context?

Is the Lead Source field a standardized list of values?

If yes, then try removing the mapped variable.

Then check the list of options.

The field may expect an internal ID for each option.

You may need to use a Lookup Table to translate the values: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Pragma!

I’d love to know how you’re getting on with your Zap. Troy’s right that this sounds like you’re using the name of a field and not the ID as a custom value in the Lead Source field. Have you been able to take a look at that in your Zap?

Let us know if you need any help with the Lookup table or anything else related to this issue :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Pragma! Just coming in to summarize the response/issue from support for anyone following along:

I've taken a look at a failed Zap Run and the lead source ID field is the cause of the error because Freshaales is expecting an ID instead of the source name:

If we look at that field in the Zap, you can see the IDs below each source name. Those are the IDs that Freshsales is expecting in the field when using a custom value.

42bc2749de7bfdb80da6b5218108f95d.png

As Webflow won't provide those IDs, I recommend using a Lookup Table in your Zap https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps. This will allow you to set up a table listing each source name value from Webflow beside its corresponding Freshsales ID.

On the Freshsales step, you'd then use the output of the Lookup Table on the Source field.

I hope this helps and give me a shout if you have any other questions!