Best answer

Error: ‘images empty or missing.’

• 31 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’d like to know what kind of input the below field expects.

The product has a variable number of images stored in a string array.

I tried to pass the array, a comma separated list, converted to line items with a formatter step but nothing works. I keep getting an error  like ‘images empty or missing’. . Any idea?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 June 2023, 00:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @gusmaster,

Each of those boxes is expecting a single image URL, which can be tricky to do if you don’t know what the earlier action/trigger will be providing (and if they’re coming in some sort of object/array).

And I don’t know this for sure but I feel like maybe the Image URL field should be filled before you start putting things in the “More Image URLs” boxes.

Can you share a screenshot of how the data is coming from your other step? That might help us troubleshoot how you can get all the URLs separately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @gusmaster 

Good question.

The error may be related to there being no value for “Image URL”, but values for “More Image URLs”.

Userlevel 1

It worked when 'Image Url' has a value as well (thumbnail image?). This means I have to take this image out from the array to avoid duplicates. Then I have to merge them back in the update because the update action only needs the array. A bit confusing and inconsistent as a process but I understand sometimes you have to work around the api limitations. Thanks for the answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @gusmaster! I’m so pleased you were able to figure out a workaround for this, great work! 🙌

Sounds like you’re all set for now, but please do reach out again in the Community if you run into any further issues or questions! 😁