Question

Error: Google Tables information sent to Google Calendar shows incorrect time (GMT instead of EST), causing scheduling issues

• 1 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve been working for the past three days to figure out this issue with sending Google Tables information to Google Calendar. For some reason, though all the apps are listed in EST between the formatting stage and the scheduling stage, it changes to GMT. This causes all of the events to be scheduled at five in the morning, or it schedules the event for January 1 0001, an obvious error. My Zap is as follows: Trigger-new or updated row. Time format +50 minutes to start time, create detailed google calendar event. I’ve tried a couple different things to solve this, mainly creating a new row with the end time, no luck, always at 5 hours off or no change is registered from the Time formatting step. I added a step to format the first time as EST, because in the date code is was listed as 0000Z. But for some reason, I can’t get the end time to be formatted as well. For a 10:00AM start and 11:00AM end time, I either get 4:49 start to 5:59 end, or 9:59 start to 15:59 end. I’ve tried formatting the time in ISO, nothing seems to be working.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @museum_fiend 

For us to have full context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with a specific example.

Most apps store data internally in UTC time zone, then adjust to the user’s time zone or the settings time zone when displayed in an app.

You may need to add a Formatter > Date & Time > Format step to convert between time zones: https://zapier.com/apps/formatter/help