Skip to main content

I am trying to find a record in Airtable, but am getting the "type: FAILED_STATE_CHECK" error when I test this step. The data inputs are text that match a text column in Airtable (I can CTRL + F) to find the items in Airtable), and I have already formatted the data to match the format in Airtable (e.g., removed trailing blank spaces). Any idea why this may be happening?

Hi @zapquestion1 

Airtable help link: https://support.airtable.com/docs/airtable-api-common-troubleshooting

• 422 error: FAILED_STATE_CHECK

• Error meaning - values and/or parameters in the endpoint path have been mismatched

• Troubleshooting steps - Review the URL path and parameters to verify that the values indicated match and/or exist. This includes base Ids (aka application Ids), Table Ids, View ids, record Ids, etc.

• Example: Let’s say you have a base that includes Table A and Table B. Further, Table A includes View 1 whereas Table B includes View 2. If you make a request to the List records endpoint with Table A but use View 2 as a parameter, the request will error because View 2 does not belong to Table A.

If you need more help, post these:

• screenshots showing how your Zap step is configured in EDIT mode
  • screenshots showing the encountered error

Ah, I was searching in the wrong view! Thought I was going crazy. Thank you so much for your help - it is working now😁

Hi @zapquestion1,

Wow! Thank you for confirming that Troy’s resolution got the Zap running. This will significantly help our Community members to have as a reference for the same issue.