Best answer

Error: Failed to create an upload video in YouTube, due to spam, video uploads are limited for non-paying accounts.

• 10 December 2022
  • 10 replies

I’m trying to upload youtube videos from google sheets using the following headers and data. Videos are uploaded to drive (and set to public). I have the following column headers and data. But nothing is transfering to youtube and I get The app returned "Media type 'text/html; charset=utf-8' is not supported.". as an error. I can’t work out what is wrong with the input data? What within the attached data is “not supported”?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 December 2022, 17:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ed_pbposters 

Good question.

The GDrive Video URL needs to be the direct download link.

Try using this tool to help you get the correct link: https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/?pli=1

Thanks Troy, yes that did seem to help with the error from Youtube’s end but I am now getting an error fro, zapier saying that the zap is throttled? Can’t work out what I’m doing wrong

I’m  also getting the same error 

I just tried once but that zap didn’t work, now I’m changed some youtube actions but it won’t upload. (and apparently it says it’s spam)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ed_pbposters  @umair_fareed 

You can try to replay Held Zaps Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history/

The YouTube error message indicates that video uploads are limited for non-paying accounts in an effort to reduce spam.

Thanks again for getting back Troy, but I’m completely lost. I’ve tried to reach out to zapier about 3 days ago but nothing back. Are you saying that if I get a paid plan this will be resolved? I’ve now got a ‘stopped’ error and don’t know what this means either. Very frustrating!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ed_pbposters 

This screenshot doesn’t include the reason returned for the Zap step error, which we’d need in order to have more context.

Hey Troy, seems to be same error as originally encountered despite having the direct download link?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ed_pbposters 

That appears to be a link to a Vimeo page that has a video embedded, which is not a direct download link.

Hi Troy, once again many thanks for pitching in and helping sort this...ok so I have now managed to successfully upload a video to youtube from my sheet. However, in order to make this genuinely automated, there are a few tweaks which I’d need to make:

1. I will be creating/uploading the following data from Trello card attachments/titles into various folders on Drive like
    1. Video
    2. Title
    3. Description
    4. Tags
    5. Thumbnail etc
  2. However, there is quite a lot of other data that needs to accompany a youtube video in order to apply add options like end cards, language settings, subtitles etc etc. How do I map these additional values from a google sheet?
  3. In order to automate the process of formatting the URL into a direct download, could I use regex to strip out the unwanted characters?
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ed_pbposters 

However, there is quite a lot of other data that needs to accompany a youtube video in order to apply add options like end cards, language settings, subtitles etc etc. How do I map these additional values from a google sheet?

Those fields would need to be available in the YouTube Zap step in order to map variables from the GSheet.

In order to automate the process of formatting the URL into a direct download, could I use regex to strip out the unwanted characters?

This can be done with a Code step or Formatter steps.

Isolate the GDrive Video File ID, then reformat as part of the GDrive Video File direct download link.