Question

Error: Failed to create a transcription in Descript, the app returned "Invalid request payload input".

• 31 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone!

I am trying to download audio files from a google drive into descript for transcribing them. No matter which file url input I use (file, download url, ect, I’ve used them all), I get an error on the test zap. Is this just a problem with descript?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @masteiner92, welcome to the Community!

Could you share some more information about the error message that you’re getting when you test the Zap? Is it the same error with each type if input (url, file, etc) or does it change? If we know a bit more about what you’re seeing we’ll be able to better understand what might be happening. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Yup! So when I use [1.File (exists but not shown] as the input for the Audio File URL, this is the error message I get:

When I use [1.Download URL] as the input, this is the error message I get:

Every other URL input I use returns me one of these two errors, but I’m pretty sure none of those are the right URL input anyways

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @masteiner92! Thank you for sharing those screenshots of the error!

I did some digging and it looks like you’re running into a known bug with the Descript “Request Transcript” action. 😣 

In your action setup was the project field blank by chance?

If it was are you able to select an existing project and see if that works? We’ve had some users mention that seemed to do the trick for them, despite the note in the editor suggesting otherwise.

Either way, I did add you as an impacted user so you’ll be emailed once a true fix is in place and we’ll keep the topic updated.

Keep us posted if the workaround works for ya. 🙂