Best answer

Error:: Failed to create a task in Asana. The app returned "Unable to fetch custom for the project: Status code 400"

• 10 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I am creating a “new user onboarding” flow that takes data from a new form submission → google sheets → slack (for alert) → Freshdesk (for ticket) → then Asana (for template copy). I need Asana to do 3 things:

Task #1 - Create a new project from template and name it with “[variableName] - Onboarding” (this works fine)

Task #2 - Look up project “[variableName] - Onboarding” 

Task #3 - Add a new task to a specific section (section 1 i believe it is) and add comments to it. 

I am getting errors when trying to do task #3. I’m thinking it cannot successfully write to it. I tried both the name of the actual project and the GID. Any ideas?

Thank you very much

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 10 November 2022, 15:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ReturnCo 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have enough context, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Troy,

Thanks for the quick response. Here are some pictures of how it works. I made a new one just for testing Google Sheets / Asana portion. 

The “Project” is the result from the previous step, Create project from Template in Asana → Find project in Asana 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ReturnCo 

There are 2 issues I can see.

The Project will expect the Asana Project ID, not the Asana Project Name.

Then, try using another Zap step to find the Section in the Project, to get the Asana Project Section ID.

When I look at examples of the expected IDs for sections in Asana, those values are larger numbers.

So trying to use 1 is likely not the right expected value.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ahhhhhhh - ok I am going to check this now. Thanks Troy!

Userlevel 1
Badge

That did it! Thank you Troy!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Troy,

So it looks like it works when I’m actually testing the Zap but when it runs, it does not find the ID.

Should I throw a delay in there?

Userlevel 1
Badge

And here’s a picture of it successfully finding it in the Zapier editor

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Troy Tessalone - I just tried again. It looks like it’s resulting in the same error. Any ideas? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ReturnCo 

Make sure the names are exactly the same when searching for the value.

Check if there are extra spaces before/after, etc.