Best answer

Error: Failed to create a create todo in Basecamp 2. The app returned "Not Found"

• 16 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Goal is to set up a Basecamp 2 to do list populated by a series of to do's after a specified Dubsado status change.

What I have so far: Trigger on Dubsado Update > Filter for Project Status Contains: THE STATUS I WANT > Create a Basecamp 2 Todo list > (THIS is where it breaks down) Create a Basecamp 2 ToDo in the list just created for a particular project status.

The error I get when I test is:

Failed to create a create todo in Basecamp 2

The app returned "Not Found".

Troubleshoot error

Also, is there a way to do more than one “todo” with a single step or must I have a step for each todo. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 17 November 2022, 19:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Geaux Design 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error in order for us to have context, thanks.

You’ll likely have to create 1 To Do for each.

You can use Looping to create multiple To Dos in less steps, but not less Tasks.

Userlevel 2

Step 1 : Trigger on new status in Dubsado

Step 2: 

Step 3: Create a Todo list in Basecamp. At this point, the test is returning without an error. 

Step 4: Create (Add) a Todo in Basecamp 2 inside the Todo list I just created. This is where the error gets thrown. The red circle is Grammerly not liking the spelling. 

Thanks so much for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Geaux Design 

Map the returned To Do List ID from the previous step.

Userlevel 2

Thank you. I did just that making sure the spacing and lettering was identical. Below is the Zap error I got running a test.

Do you think I need to add a delay? Like make it wait one minute and then try to add the todo?

I appreciate your expertise very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Geaux Design

Map the returned To Do List ID (not the To Do List Name) from the previous step.

See how the other fields rely upon an ID instead of a name.

Userlevel 2

@Geaux Design

Map the returned To Do List ID (not the To Do List Name) from the previous step.

@Troy Tessalone you are a genius!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. If there is a send a coffee program in Zapier, let me know so I can show my appreciation. 

To leave a visual breadcrumb for anyone in the future. 

Under the Todo List, select from the “Create Todo List in Basecamp 2” the “ID”