Question

Error: Failed to create a create new quote draft in Xero Please reconnect your Xero account to Zapier on https://zapier.com/app/connections and try again.

• 2 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Y’all

I’ve been trying to set up a Zap to produce a new draft quote in Xero upon a trigger in Smartsheet. I’ve got the Smartsheet part set up OK but I am stumped on the Xero side of things. I keep getting a message saying:

“Failed to create a create new quote draft in Xero

Please reconnect your Xero account to Zapier on https://zapier.com/app/connections and try again.”

But when I go and test the connect it says I am connected. The troubleshoot says I need to make sure my column formatting is tiptop, but I’m sure it is.

Any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @AeJay 

Please screenshot your Xero step so we can help you better.

Keep in mind that it might be you are passing wrong values. For example, Xero might be expecting an ID but you are passing a name

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @MohSwellam ,

Thanks for the tip! I’ve attached screenshots below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @AeJay 

It seems the values you have in most fields are incorrect. 

This is a quick tutorial on how to make sure the values you have in the fields are the correct ones that Zapier expects. 

So unless you have those correct values in Smartsheet, you will need Search Actions in Xero to get the correct values then Create the quote

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there @AeJay

The fact that the error reports that your account needs to be reconnected is something you can attempt to resolve by going to https://zapier.com/app/connections, clicking on Xero in the list, and then clicking on the 3 dots to the right, then Reconnect.  A popup window will appear and follow the steps there. 

I know you said you tested it and there were no errors, but let's try a reconnect to see if that helps as well.

With regards to the input, I do see a at least 1 issue with the input here:

That type of field is what we call a “Dynamic Dropdown” field, and it requires a very specific input and I would guess the typed “client” portion in the front is not correct.  In general if you are using a non-Xero trigger to send data into Xero, you would likely have to do a few Find steps in Xero to find the appropriate Organization and Contact IDs.  If you already have these exported directly from Xero into Smartsheets for these trigger events, it could be a different input that is causing an error to occur which you may see once you resolve the account issue.  

Have a look at this when you get a chance and let us know how it goes!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey there @AeJay

The fact that the error reports that your account needs to be reconnected is something you can attempt to resolve by going to https://zapier.com/app/connections, clicking on Xero in the list, and then clicking on the 3 dots to the right, then Reconnect.  A popup window will appear and follow the steps there. 

I know you said you tested it and there were no errors, but let's try a reconnect to see if that helps as well.

I’ve tried to reconnect multiple times, it says it is connected.

Userlevel 1
Badge

With regards to the input, I do see a at least 1 issue with the input here:

That type of field is what we call a “Dynamic Dropdown” field, and it requires a very specific input and I would guess the typed “client” portion in the front is not correct.  In general if you are using a non-Xero trigger to send data into Xero, you would likely have to do a few Find steps in Xero to find the appropriate Organization and Contact IDs.  If you already have these exported directly from Xero into Smartsheets for these trigger events, it could be a different input that is causing an error to occur which you may see once you resolve the account issue.  

Have a look at this when you get a chance and let us know how it goes!

Yeah, I directly exported the client names from Xero into the single select client field in Smartsheet. Nobody said anything about typing anything. I’m assuming this is correct? Let me know if I’m missing something.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @AeJay 

It seems the values you have in most fields are incorrect. 

This is a quick tutorial on how to make sure the values you have in the fields are the correct ones that Zapier expects. 

So unless you have those correct values in Smartsheet, you will need Search Actions in Xero to get the correct values then Create the quote

Yeah, so, I have set up the Zap as per the video, not sure how this helps? And also the ‘client’ field in Smartsheet is just an import of the Xero organization list.

Your saying most fields are incorrect, can you point out a specific one, why its incorrect and how to fix it? That’d sure be helpful!!!

AJ

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hang on, light bulb moment… what I actually need in Smartsheet is not just the client ‘name’ if a particular client, but their organization ID. Got it. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We love a good 💡moment, @AeJay! Thanks for closing the loop here on what worked for you! 🙂