Question

Error. Failed to create a copy file in Google DriveThe app returned "File not found"

Userlevel 1
I am trying to set up an iFax to Google Drive integration. I have it set up to trigger when “New Fax Received” and the Event is Copy File to Drive. 

Everything seems to be set up properly.

image.png

But I get this as an error.

Failed to create a copy file in Google Drive

The app returned "File not found: MTUzMDM0N2lGYXhhcHB7cz0lV3MxQ1J0LHZ0R3dyOWM4".

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @genomes 

Good question.

To help give us more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

The GDrive error indicates the specified File ID was not found to copy.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@genomes 

The File field expects a file object or a file url.

Try mapping a different value.

Userlevel 1

Thanks. This is the only option that shows the file in iFax and doesn’t seem to have another format. It’s possible that I have the action wrong - all I want to do is to have iFax move all new faxes into a GDrive file which is already linked to iFax.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@genomes 

Did you test Step 1?

Help article for how to test the trigger step: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Post screenshots with all the data points returned from step 1.

Userlevel 1

Yes - after I clicked “Test Your Trigger” the 3rd screenshot appeared.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@genomes 

Have you tried testing live?

Receive an actual fax in iFax, then refresh the trigger data to pull thru new examples?

Userlevel 1

I did and both faxes appeared. I also moved a file out of the fax into Drive to make sure the integration was working and it transferred as expected.  It seems like you can move a fax from one Drive to another with a zap but you have to manually move the fax into Drive as a starting point. It seemed like “Copy File” would copy the incoming fax but now I’m not so sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@genomes 

If the ID is the only data point returned from iFax, then you won’t be able to sent a file to GDrive.

Userlevel 1

It seems to be. This is the only option under test. 

And in the Drive part of the Zap, it only gives these two options:

After I moved another file into Drive, it showed up as a PDF with a different numbering structure in File. But nothing shows up when I leave the file in the iFax inbox. I’m kind of shocked - this seems like the most obvious thing - move all incoming faxes into a folder…

Thanks for your help though!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@genomes 

Most Zap app integrations are created and maintained by the app developer (not by Zapier).

You may want to try reaching out to iFax for guidance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@genomes 

You may also want to explore using a different Fax app.

Hi @genomes,

Did you get this issue solved ?

I am in the dealing with the same thing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @atomietto 

Try reaching out to iFax Support for help with their Zap app.