Question

Error: Failed to contact in HubSpot, error from halted execution: Nothing could be found for the search

I have a calendly on my Website where people can book calls 
I want to check if we’ve talked to them before and disqualified them. 
If they are I want to auto cancel the call. 

More often than not we don’t have their email in hubspot so I want to use the phone number they give in calendly in the find contact function. 

In my test data Ive made sure to match the right properties from hubspot and calendly
I made sure the contact has the same number in Hubspot as in the test data from calendly. Country code and spaces included

It still cant find the contact. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lasse Landeck 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

The Trigger is Event is created. It outputs the bookies phone number as location. But that’s normal. 

Here I use the find contact function and match the hubspot contact property with the phone number from Calendly 

You can’t see cause the test data is my personal number but they match exactly. 

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lasse Landeck 

Try removing the leading +

You can use this Zap action: Formatter > Numbers > Format Phone Number

Didn’t work. Same error.
Besides that when trying to do that I need to choose a country code in the formatter. The country code isn’t always the same. 

I used No symbols, international 
Tried again with no symbols, national
Same error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lasse Landeck 

Try using a HubSpot Find Contact Zap step to see how the Phone Number is returned which may help you format the phone number the right way.

with +, country code and the spaces at the same places as calendly does. They match

I noticed that in hubspot when I manually add a phone number in the search field with the country code it doesn’t show up even if the number is saved with country code. 

It only shows up when I remove it. 

I also played around in seach and the spaces between numbers don’t change search effect. 

However I tried removing the country code with formatter and still nothing 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lasse Landeck 

Did you try this?

Try using a HubSpot Find Contact Zap step to see how the Phone Number is returned which may help you format the phone number the right way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Lasse Landeck 👋. Are you still struggling with this Zap? I’d like to second Troy’s recommendation on using the Find Contact step with Hubspot to help identity the way you need to format the phone number. 

If you’ve tried this and still need some help, give a shout to our Support Team and they can help take a closer look at what’s going on.