Best answer

Error: Facebook Groups not showing up in Zapier integration

• 22 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I checked the previous community posts on this problem, but none was helpful. I am connected my facebook account to zapier successfully. I have a private fb group which i want to connect with zapier but it is not showing up after connecting zapier to facebook.

In the settings of both zapier and facebook, the groups are not showing up. It shows my pages but not the groups. I have attached screenshots below. I have disconnected & reconnected my facebook account from zapier. Also deleted zapier from facebook and reconnected. But it shows the same pages and not the groups. Does anyone have any idea?

This is facebook settings where it allows pages but not groups. The entire setting is missing

Zapier is showing the same thing as in facebook

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 February 2024, 15:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @overcloud9 

FYI…

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/23970212345357-App-update-Facebook-Groups-app-removal

Facebook Groups app removal notice

On April 22, 2024, Zapier’s current Facebook Group app will stop working due to Meta’s announcement of sunsetting the Facebook Group API. As a result, the Facebook Groups Zapier app will no longer be available to use on Zapier from April 22, 2024. 

To prepare, here are a few dates to note:

• Beginning April 22, 2024, you won’t be able to create any new Zaps using the Facebook Group app.
  • Your Zaps using Facebook Groups will stop working on April 22, 2024.
  • You can access Zaps using Facebook Groups with view-only access until May 22, 2024.

View which of your Zaps use Facebook groups.

Alternative solutions

Zapier understands Facebook Groups have been integral to your workflows. It’s important to note that the new Facebook Groups API v19 does not include direct replacements for the triggers and actions you may have been using. This means adjustments to your current workflows will be necessary.

Facebook groups API v19 does however offer support for private relies in Facebook groups. Allowing a business to send a single message to a person who commented on a post or comment on a business’s Facebook Group. There isn’t a timeline for when this new functionality will be available on Zapier.

If you need more assistance to create continuity for your social media needs:

Userlevel 1

Thank you!