Skip to main content
Hello, I have joined zapier in order to create a connection between zapier and moodle. to send you information from another tool. The objective is that a client who cancels on another payment gateway, this payment gateway sends the information to Zapier and Zapier tells Moodle to grant access to the course and, if necessary, create the user. I have used the AI ​​assistant but the zap gives an error, on the other hand I try to connect the platform itself between zapier and moodle and it only generates an error. I already activated the web services, authorized the users and created the token and when connecting it with Moodle it gives an error. I tried a second way using my administrator user and my password along with the moodle url, in which case it accepts the data but when you go to zap it gives an error. Please could someone help me, I've been trying to connect for more than 3 days and I can't do it.

Hey there! I totally understand how frustrating it can be to deal with connection issues, especially after spending so much time trying to set everything up. Let’s see if we can troubleshoot this together.

First, it sounds like you’re on the right track by activating web services and creating a token. Just to double-check, make sure that the token you generated has the necessary permissions to perform the actions you want in Moodle, like granting course access and creating users.

When you’re connecting Zapier to Moodle, it’s important to ensure that the Moodle URL is correct and that it points to the right endpoint for the API. Sometimes, a small typo or an incorrect URL can cause connection errors.

If you’re getting errors when using your admin credentials, it might be worth checking if there are any specific settings in Moodle that restrict API access for certain users. Also, ensure that your Moodle version is compatible with the API calls you’re trying to make.

For the Zap that’s giving you an error, could you share what the error message says? That can help pinpoint the issue. If it’s a specific error code, looking it up in the Zapier or Moodle documentation might provide some insights.

Lastly, if you haven’t already, consider reaching out to Zapier support directly. They can provide more tailored assistance and might be able to identify any issues on their end.

Hang in there! With a bit of troubleshooting, I’m sure you’ll get it sorted out. If you have any more details or questions, feel free to share!

Hi @Silvia Vargas 

For us to have more info, post these screenshots:

• How your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode
  • The encountered errors