Best answer

Error connecting JotForm account: This auth is expired

Userlevel 1

I am attempting to connect a JotForm account to Zapier so that I can send prefilled forms. I have a JotForm account setup, within which I have created two forms. I managed to sign-in to JotForm via Zapier successfully earlier this year but now my previous connection is labelled with the error: “This auth is expired. Please reconnect it here.” When I click the reconnection link it opens a modal for me to sign-in to JotForm which I do, the sign-in works and the modal closes but then the error reappears again immediately. 

I have tried clearing the cache from my browser and reattempting the sign-in process in an incognito window but neither stops the error. I have also signed into JotForm and manually removed the Zapier permissions from the account before signing back into Zapier and restarting the account connection process, but this also does not help. 

I found a similar post in the JotForm community here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/4997663-unable-to-connect-with-zapier-this-account-is-expired but there does not seem to be any kind of resolution or solution indicated. In one comment one of the users mentions “Zapier actually confirmed this is a known bug going on right now” and one of the support team mentions “This seems to be an issue on Zapier's end since the error codes returned are 502s and which is a server error”, but the issue does not appear resolved in other community posts I’ve seen of a similar nature.

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 December 2023, 12:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @alphafmc! Thanks for reaching out in community and sharing some of the initial troubleshooting steps you’ve taken!

You’re right, this is an open bug and one that we’re actively tracking. In the interest of full transparency, the Jotform app is owned and maintained by our partners at Jotform. While we’re happy to continue tracking impacted users, ultimately the timeline for a fix is determined by the app developers. 

They did update the New Submission trigger recently and some users have mentioned having success updating their zap to the new “Instant” trigger. That said, it’s not full proof. 

In the meantime, I did add you as an affected user to the bug report. We'll also be sure to keep the main thread updated with any available workarounds or news. 👇🏽:

Sorry to not have better news but we appreciate you raising this in community!

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I can see that this post was one month ago, so there is clearly still a bug. Do we know when this will be resolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @FabioBonanno,

Our team is still coordinating with the Jotform engineers regarding this bug. I've made sure to add you to the list of affected members in the open bug report. We can't give an exact timeline for a fix right now, but rest assured, we'll keep you updated via email as soon as there is.

In the meantime, it might be helpful to reach out to Jotform directly. They're the ones who manage and update the integration, and they do have access to our bug reports. Hearing directly from users like you can often help expedite the process.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am also experiencing the same issue, any update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @dreamdata,

I apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused you.

Unfortunately, there are no new updates regarding this bug. In the meantime, I have added you as another affected member to the bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email or on this thread once there’s an update.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Is the problem still current, if so, can we do this until the problem is resolved.

Hello,

We have the same problem.

Do you know when this bug will be resolved?

Thanks​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Salmana and @Pixie-services,

I have added you as another affected members to the bug report. Unfortunately, we can’t provide an exact timeframe for the bug’s fix. However, we will let you know via email once there is.

Userlevel 1

Hi ken.a,

I have the same problem, can you ad me to the list?

thanks 

Hi @Salmana and @Pixie-services,

I have added you as another affected members to the bug report. We have the same bug!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Jolle and @Arco Group,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi ken.a,

I have the same problem too ! , can you ad me to the list?

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @komeka! 👋

Sorry to hear that you’re also running into this issue. I’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by this. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s resolved. And we’ll be sure to share any updates or workarounds we come across here in the meantime. 🙂

Hi,

I have the same problem so I can’t create my zap. Is it possible to keep me in touch when the problem is solved ? 

Many thanks ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @sandra.benacquista,

I’m so sorry to hear about the inconvenience this bug has caused you.

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been resolved.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi,

I have the same problem, can you add me to the list?

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @Rabie. I’ve added you to the list as well of affected users now.

Can’t make any promises as to when it will be resolved by but we’ll be in touch with you by email as soon as it is.

Same here sadly - and it was all going so well!! :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry you’re also being affected by this @CWPR Barry.

You’re on the list as well now, so you can definitely expect an email notification from us once it’s been sorted.   

Same issue. Please add me to the list!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there folks, 👋

Apologies for the belated update here! I’ve just checked back in on the bug report and was since closed! It’s been confirmed that switching to the newer (instant trigger) version of the New Submission (Jotform) trigger resolved these errors. 😁🎉

@Matthijs Collard - if you’re still running into these errors this may well indicate that there’s separate issue that’s now surfaced. I’d recommend contacting our Support team so that they can investigate and re-open or submit a new bug report to flag the issues with Jotform’s developers.