Question

"Error 403 Forbidden" when connecting Woocommerce to my Zap.

• 9 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Initially I thought this was CloudFlare, but I have bypassed it and traffic is going directly to the server.  I am only getting this on PUT commands like updating an order.  Find order, and instant triggers seem fine..  Does this indicate an actual error with the Zap code itself now for “update order”

I also have one to create a coupon and that works fine too...

"Forbidden" response received. HTTP status: "403" 

Even “Create order” is fine, the only issue seems to be with “update order”

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have confirmed this appears to be an issue specifically with “update Order” calls but that is all I know.  every other action seems to work fine.   Cloudflare is removed from the mix, there is no other WAF, and I can reach the API endpoints no problem. I really wish the error would give deeper details besides the generic “troubleshoot error” links.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ugh…..jetpack App firewall beta was enabled...this can only whitelist by IP not by user agent….note to self..

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

[...]jetpack App firewall beta was enabled...this can only whitelist by IP not by user agent….note to self..

While I’m sorry to hear about the plug-in not being compatible, I definitely appreciate you closing the loop here to let us know what the answer was!

In case it’s helpful for anyone following along here’s a WooCommerce Troubleshooting Guide that includes some of the more common authentication errors. This was put together by the WooCommerce team and an excellent resource!

Also, thanks for sharing the feedback around error messages! I did pass that along to the team. I can absolutely see the value in having more detailed error messaging. 🙂