Question

Error 400 on upload media link from Google Drive to WordPress

• 10 December 2023
  • 1 reply

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

trying to upload media to wordpress: I’m getting error 400 trying to take a url that was stored for an image upload in google forms (user uploads an image, a url is stored in a sheet).  I convert the URL to be the correct format, its publicly available, but it still gives this error.  i’m not even assigning it to a post, so its something to do with the media upload.  

any ideas?  i can’t see behind the scenes so its hard to guess.

here’s an example url: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1CG4MXxJdMqjyK3H3IwNqXFMIhvjGP7es

that’s the right format and its publicly available 

i’m able to write the article just fine, its when i add the image into the mix that it goes kablooey

ooh ‘no data’… 

despite the field being named ID, it had nothing in it.  the right field was 0 which makes sense from regex perspective.

I would delete this post if I could, but there’s no apparent way.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @ryanscott! 👋

Yes, it seems that the Formatter action to extract the image’s ID didn’t actually extract a value, as the ID field shows as having “No data”:
c81ca918026ea5e945e2d083c7adf689.png

Can you share a quick screenshot showing the set up of that Formatter action? That’ll help us to better identify what changes may need to be made in order to get it to extract the ID value so that it can pass that along to the subsequent Wordpress action. Remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, looking forward to your reply!