Best answer

EngageBay Marketing error: The app returned `{"message":"Whoops! Something went wrong. Please try again!"} error 400

• 1 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am suddenly experiencing issues with several of my zaps that were working yesterday.

The error is affecting 11 zaps, all ones that connect CognitoForms to EngageBay Marketing. I tested my EngageBay connection as well as my CognitoForms connection, and both are working.

I keep receiving this error message:

Failed to create a contact in EngageBay Marketing

The app returned `{"message":"Whoops! Something went wrong. Please try again!"} What happened: Executing creates.new_update_contact.operation.perform with bundle {"message":"Whoops! Something went wrong. Please try again!"} Console logs: ` as error, which we cannot read.

The sidebar is throwing a 400 error. The troubleshooting tips are saying there may be a required field missing (there isn’t), or that my fields are mapped incorrectly by type (they aren’t–unless something changed overnight that I’m unaware of).

Any advice?

icon

Best answer by highspirits 13 March 2023, 15:35

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @highspirits 

Good question.

For us to have proper context, please post details with the encountered error along with how your Zap steps are outlined/configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Here are the details of the encountered error:

Status Code 400 Bad Request

Last updated: 3 years ago

Problem

Your Zap is likely to be missing a required field, or a field value wasn't in a recognized format. For example, if a field in your action step is expecting an email address, but the value given is a name, the app may return a 400 error.

Solution

Check that your fields are correctly set up and mapped to each other.

---

The Zap(s) in question are configured to create or update an entry in EngageBay Marketing when a user fills out my Cognito Form. The Cognito fields are mapped to their corresponding EngageBay fields. I am not missing any required fields, and they were working yesterday, but I haven’t made any updates to the zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@highspirits

Can you provide screenshots?

Check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

See attached!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@highspirits 

Some things to check would be for these fields.

Unsure if these fields are expecting standardized values and perhaps internal IDs, which may differ from what you are providing.

You can tell if you remove the mapped variables and a dropdown appears.

If so, then you’ll need to make sure the mapped variables match exactly to the expected value options.

That means you may need to do data translations, possibly via a lookup table for the applicable fields.

Otherwise, you can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for help troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi @highspirits 

Did you find a resolution? 

The same has happened to my Cognito Forms automations in the past week.

Userlevel 1

@bglover It seems to have been a temporary problem with EngageBay’s servers, my automations started working again the next day.