Best answer

Encrypted data Formstack error "An encryption password was not supplied"

Hi, 

I’m trying to pass encrypted information from Formstack through Zapier but am getting the error that "An encryption password was not supplied". Problem is, I don’t see a place where I can supply an encryption password in Zapier. Can Zapier handle encrypted data at all? Would another platform be better for this task? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 March 2024, 15:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @aschenck12! Thanks for reaching out. So sorry to hear you’re running into this issue.

I wanted to double check - are you using the “New Form Submission” trigger in Formstack, by chance? If so it sounds like you may be running into a known bug where it’s throwing this error for encrypted forms in Formstack. 😞

If that’s the case here’s a few workarounds that might be helpful in getting past the initial setup:

Let us know if that’s trigger you’re using and we’re happy to add you as an impacted user. This will also keep you in the loop once a fix is in place. If it’s not though, keep us posted and we’re happy to keep digging into this!

We’ll keep an eye out for your reply!

Please see attached - we can’t even get the New Form Submission trigger to launch without the password. Is there any alternative solution or do we have to wait for a fix? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I wanted to double check - are you using the “New Form Submission” trigger in Formstack, by chance? If so it sounds like you may be running into a known bug where it’s throwing this error for encrypted forms in Formstack. 😞

Let us know if that’s trigger you’re using and we’re happy to add you as an impacted user. This will also keep you in the loop once a fix is in place.

Hey @aschenck12 

I went ahead and added you as an impacted user on that bug report.

In terms of getting you unstuck in the meantime, Could you skip the sample testing and turn the Zap on?

Then if you can trigger the Zap live you should be able to go back in to the editor and select one of your live runs as a sample.

Let me know if that does the trick for you, I am not 100% sure it will but its definitely worth a try while we wait for that bug to be squished!

@aschenck12 @christina.d @PaulDavidson - you can mark me down as another affected user.  But, @aschenck12 , I ran into a similar issue recently with a HubSpot bug and I was provided a great article/workaround that worked like a charm that I am going to try for this, too: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing, @RCarlson32! Keep us posted - we’d love to know if it does the trick!

In the meantime, I went ahead and got you added as an impacted user and we’ll keep you in the loop via email once a fix is in place. 🙂

Can I be added as an impacted user as well? I’d like to be notified if the workaround changes and is no longer needed. Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @emoryday 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user. We’ll email you once and update is available. Thanks!

Has this issue been resolved? If not, can I also please be added to the list to receive the update once it is available? Coming up against the same challenge.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @sze - thanks for reaching out. No updates to share at the momemt, I’m afraid. 😔

I did get you added to the bug report though. This will ensure you’re emailed once a fix is in place. 

Thanks again for letting us know!

I have the same issue, Any progress on getting this resolved?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Rnferr 

We appreciate you reaching us, but we regret to inform you that we don’t have any information yet to share. I’ve added you to the list of the affected user, and we’ll email you any updates once they are available. Thank you.

You guys can use webhook for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks, just popping by with a quick update to share that encrypted forms are now supported on the latest version of the Formstack app. 😁

You’ll now find that the New Form Submission trigger will display an Encryption Password field (if an encrypted form is selected) where you can enter the password for the form:
f1bd9c7b5ad9623410158991626532f2.png

If you run into any issues in using that updated New Form Submission trigger a try for your encrypted forms do let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡