Skip to main content
Best answer

Emails delayed or not sending from Zap triggered by Google Forms submission

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem sending emails. I have zaps that were working fine until yesterday. The trigger is when someone fills out a GOOGLE FORM and an email is automatically sent (GMAIL). Although the data is correct in the Google form and the application is properly connected to zapier, no record is taken and if it does, it sends the email about 4 hours after the data has been loaded into the GOOGLE FORM. Before this error, the data was received from GOOGLE FORM and the email was instantly sent via GMAIL... I don't know what it could be. Can someone help me solve this? I need the email to be sent immediately.

Hi @Creativa 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the timestamps of the steps to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi @Creativa 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the timestamps of the steps to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Thanks for the reply, but the problem is that they don't appear in the history...it's as if they hadn't been generated and the emails are sent hours later and only then do they appear in the history. They don't appear with an error, they don't appear at all...

@Creativa

With screenshots, can you provide context for a specific example showing when the Form submission was submitted VS when the Zap Run happened (timestamps)?

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

@Creativa

With screenshots, can you provide context for a specific example showing when the Form submission was submitted VS when the Zap Run happened (timestamps)?

The Google form was completed at 10:39 a.m. and the email was sent from Gmail at 1:31 p.m. (it took about 3 hours when it should have been immediate)

Hi @Creativa,

We apologize for any inconvenience. Upon checking, I found that there is a bug related to a delay in triggering Google Forms. I added you to the list of affected users, and you will receive an email once an update is available. Thank you.

Hi @Creativa,

We apologize for any inconvenience. Upon checking, I found that there is a bug related to a delay in triggering Google Forms. I added you to the list of affected users, and you will receive an email once an update is available. Thank you.

Thanks!!

Hi @Creativa,

It looks like the bug has been resolved. Could you please confirm if you’re still running into the same issue here?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

@JammerS @Creativa ,

I have the same issue today. I’d like the massage after the issue has been resolved.

Hi @JammerS ,

I have the same issue. New Spreadsheet Row does not trigger and the work flow does not proceed. I would be happy if you remind me if the issue resolved. Thank you!

Hi @Creativa,

It looks like the bug has been resolved. Could you please confirm if you’re still running into the same issue here?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

For the moment everything has been resolved. Thank you very much.

Hi @tduosrm,

Are you encountering the same issue when using the Google Forms app, or are you using Google Sheets?

@Creativa,  glad to hear that the issue is now resolved!