Question

EmailOctopus error: The app returned You’re not authorized to perform that action.

• 3 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi, I’m new to Zapier and I am trying to sync my customer data from squarespace to emailoctupus. I’m basically trying to collect emails, names, locations, amount spent etc so I can segment and tag on my esp instead of using csv downloads or copying and pasting.  I’m not really sure if I should use “newsletter forms” or “Campaign information”. However, when I choose New forms and complete the trigger and the action, I tried to test it and I kept getting an error saying “The app returned You’re not authorized to perform that action”. How can I sync my old contacts and new contacts to my esp? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Varsity 

Good question.

Zaps work while turned ON for new data going forward.

Can you post full screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error to help give us more context?

Sure! This was my process. I’m actually trying to collect my customer data as well as the segments I created. Not a form at the moment. I also tried sync the data to google sheet but it just created the spreadsheet with headers and did not add the information I needed. I’m not sure how to customize the Trigger to collecting customer data in commerce from my website on squarespace. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Varsity 

We need to see screenshots with how this step is configured.

Sure!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Varsity 

The List field expects the Internal List ID from EmailOctopus, rather than the Form Name from Step 1.

You can see the expected values by looking at the standardized dropdown list of options.

The smaller gray value for an option is what the field expects.

Thank you it worked. Can it move already existing contacts to the esp?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Varsity 

Zaps work while turned ON for new data going forward.