Best answer

Email Parser Detritus

• 9 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Anyone know

1. why I am receiving multiple daily Google Workspace alerts in my Email parser mailbox?
  2. how to make it stop?

Sender: google-workspace-alerts-noreply@google.com

Context: just testing at the moment by sending from a workspace account, but ultimately intended for delivery from a third-party service.  How do I prevent these workspace alerts from borking my zap?

FWIW, there is no email in the workspace account set up to fwd emails t the parser mailbox, and these troubleshooting tips aren’t relevant: 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by mixelpix 10 January 2024, 19:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mixelpix!

That’s very strange indeed. In the email account that’s forwarding the emails to Email Parser, are there multiple Google Workspace alerts or is the same Google Workspace alert being forwarded repeatedly?

If it’s repeatedly sending the same email I wonder if maybe there might be a Zap loop somewhere that’s affecting things. Do you think that could be the case?

If not, maybe there’s an issue with the forwarding rule that’s set up in the email account which is causing the wrong emails to be forwarded to Email Parser incorrectly?

Once we’ve been able to identify the root cause then we can better advise on how to resolve this.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @SamB,

Thanks.

The emails are notices from what appears to be Google Admin events, such as when users change their passwords to their .org accounts, or an .org account is suspended.

Context: the client I am supporting is an onliine school using a google workspace organization.  The schoool started with a .com and now inicludes a .org.  The student accounts are provisined for the school year (e.g.  google classrooms).

e.g. the email body contains

Alert: Reporting rule - Zap Trigger - User Suspension
Notification from Google

Alert: Reporting rule - Zap trigger - Successful Login Password Change

Rule Name: Zap trigger - Successful Login Password Change

Odd thing is that the School’s Zapier account history shows no Zap runs corresponding to those message send times, and an audit of all active Zaps shows none which are doing such.

I’ve spoken with the other Admins and we’re at a loss to understand why these Google notices are getting sent to the Zapier Email Parser.

Of note, the Zapier account is owned by an Admin account, but it just seems truly bizarre that the third-party parser.zapier.com email inbox would receive administrative notices?

Am I off-base in my expectation that this email account would only receive emails which we arrange to have sent to it?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @SamB,

Figured it out.  Turns out the previous Zapier support contractor had set up some stuff that was still in play and tied to what I thought was an unused Mail Parser connection.  Between their two google workspace accounts (one for the .com, another for the .org) I was able to check the Admin > Rules and found the corresponding triggers which he’d named “Zap Triggers” (which were at one point tied to actual Zaps that were deprecated before my time with this company.)

All good now.

The Parser Mailbox will only receive intended emails and the zap gets the data where it needs to go 🎉

Always an adventure :)

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry for the delay in my reply here @mixelpix. Aha, that explains it! 

Thanks so much for taking the time to follow up here with this info. I’m so pleased you were able to get to the bottom of it and get it all sorted out - Nice work! 🙌 

Please do reach out to the Community again if there’s anything else we can help with. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡