Question

Email in SMTP by Zapier error: We could not calculate the length of your file. Pass a knownLength like z.stashFile

• 2 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello, I proccess a Zap for 4 days without problem, but right now show me error.  The Zap working with a watch new files on folder FTP and send email by SMTP email.

The error is  => “While requesting "dev_file" from EasyFTP we ran into an error: We could not calculate the length of your file - please pass a knownLength like z.stashFile(f, knownLength)”.

How Can I fix it?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GAO 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the error message.

Hello Troy, here some secreenshots

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GAO 

Can you post screenshots with how each Zap step is configured in the EDIT mode?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GAO 

You may need to reach out to EasyFTP Support about this issue with their Zap app integration.

Thanks, but finally the problem is of Zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GAO 

FYI: Most Zap apps are created and managed by the app developer on the Zapier Developer Platform, so if the issue is with the EasyFTP Zap trigger, then it may be an issue that EasyFTP needs to address.

I guess this is not a problem that EasyFTP needs to address, but Zapier. I encountered the exact same error message, using two different file and mailing apps:

As you can see, file hosting app is WorkDrive and email is to be send with Gmail, still same error message. 

Could you please explain what this error message means and how can this be corrected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Araújo 

Check to see if there is a newer version of the Zoho WorkDrive Zap app to use.