Question

Email by Zapier not stripping signatures any more?

• 5 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi - I used email by Zapier to strip out signatures, but the behaviour seems to have changed. I either use:

1. Stripped text - which I expect to contain the text from the email body excluding the email signature
  2. Stripped signature - which I expect would just contain the info from the signature

This has been working fine until the last couple of days. Now the stripped signature field is blank and the stripped text contains the signature still. I’ve tested this with a variety of signatures, and retested it with emails where it has correctly parsed the signatures before.

This is happening with a variety of signatures, which previously have been stripped without any problem. Including those with ‘--’ or similar to indicate a signature or signatures without those symbols that just have name, job titles etc.

Would appreciate any thoughts on what might be going wrong!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @InsightsWriting,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, please share a detailed screenshot with how your Zap is configured to give us enough context. Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊