Question

DynamoDb Trigger not working

• 6 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi, 

Ive created a zap flow where I added a DynamoDb Trigger for new Items. 

When I test the trigger within the zap editor everything is working well but when I activate the zap it will not be triggered when a new Item was added to my DynamoDb.

Im aware of that it can be some minutes to trigger it but after 24 hours it still was not triggered and I also have no entry in my zap run history.

My dynamoDb has a timestamp field with e.g. “1709641133”

What can the problem be?

How can I debug this to find out what the problem is?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SleeplessFox 

To help give us full context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

The DynamoDB Zap trigger is scheduled meaning it can take from 1-15 minutes to fire depending on your Zapier plan.

Zaps work while turned ON for new data going forward.

Hi, thats are

my settings. where can I find that view what you have posted?

When I run the zap manually he say that he can not find any new items :(

Could it be that Zapier has some issues with my timestamp? Im creating my timestamp simple with:

var timestamp = new Date().getTime();

When I run the test within the Zap Editor he is also not getting me the last items but some Items between. One of the new items has timestamps like that:

"timestamp": 1709118013000

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SleeplessFox 

Try using a UNIX timestamp that does not include milliseconds.

I added now an extra field timestampUnix with values like “1709712260” and changed the field within my dynamodb trigger to that field..

But same. Is not finding the new item.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SleeplessFox 

Is the “timestamp” field selected in the ‘Timestamp Field’ a Number field type as indicated by the field description?

Yes it is. Is from type number. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SleeplessFox 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help