Question

Duplicated Appointment Email Data Transfer from Master to Agent Worksheets

• 23 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Our company uses Setmore to schedule appointments between customers and agents. When a customer sets a new appointment with an agent, we want an email with that specific agent’s information to get sent to the customer in advance of the appointment. 

We have things set up where a new appointment in Setmore triggers a Zap that creates a new line in a Google Sheet. The line contains the customer name, the agent name, and the agent email.

We have another Zap set up to send an email when a new line is created in that Sheet, but so far, it is a generic email, and not one specific to the agent (agents contact information, signature, etc.)

Unless there is a better way to do this,  when a new line is created in the Sheet, we want to check which agent’s name appears in the Agent column. Each agent will have their own Worksheet, and a Zap will create a new row with the customer name, agent, name, and agent email in the Agent’s worksheet. 

There will be one master Worksheet and a Worksheet for each agent. The Zap will check the Master Worksheet row and send the information to the Agents Worksheet.

We will use the Agent’s Worksheet as a trigger to send a custom email.

We need help with creating the new row on Google Sheets. Right now, it is sending the same row’s information over and over again

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @ZappedOut, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Is the Zap that creates the new spreadsheet row adding the same information every time causing the other Zap to send an email with the same agent information?

If so, you’ll want to ensure that you’re selecting the necessary fields from the Setmore Appointments trigger so that the correct agent information stored in the row is correct for each appointment. You can learn more about how to prevent your Zaps from sending the same information every time it runs here: Why is my Zap action adding the same data each time it occurs?

If that’s not the case, is it more that the rows aren’t being added into the separate agent worksheets? Or are you getting stuck on how to send out a custom email based on which worksheet the row is added to? Any screenshots you could share to help show the current set up of the Google Sheets and email actions of the Zaps will greatly help to give us some more context on the situation here. And will allow us to better determine what changes made need to be made. Please remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hello,

I was able to figure out a way to do it without Zapier. I used the Google API to do what I needed.