Best answer

Duplicate value in a Google Sheet when the value sent to Zapier is empty

• 6 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

My problem is quite simple but I can’t solve it! Hope anyone can help me.

i connected leadpages → zapier → google sheet. The problem is: when one of my customers leave a field of my form empty, in google sheet I find the value of the previous customer duplicated. 

Here is a screenshot (in italian but you can see the problem):

Just the second wrote the sentence “Di pomeriggi verso le 14:00 Grazie”. The others were fields that the customers left empty but I find duplicated in Google Sheet.

Anyone can help?

icon

Best answer by Daniela_Paulo 7 September 2022, 17:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Giuliogale!

Could you tell us more about the Google Sheets step of the Zap? Is it updating a row or creating a new one?

Also, could you please share a screenshot of how the Google Sheets step is set up? That will help us to understand what might be happening. Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc). Thanks!

Hi @Danvers thank you for your reply.

Sure!

The google sheet step is creating a new row. Here you can find a screen of the set up. The name of the row mentioned before is “orario call”. These are fake test data so no problem for the privacy.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Giuliogale ,

Thank you for sending those details!

Since you have mapped a dynamic field in the column ‘ORARIO CALL’, the Zap should update the column based on the values that were received from the trigger data. Have there been any edits to the Zap since the empty values were duplicated in your spreadsheet?

Can you try locating the Zap runs that correspond to the rows in the first screenshot you sent, in your Zap history? You should be able to confirm if the field ‘Comment’ is empty or if the values are being sent from the trigger app under Data Out of the trigger step.

Let us know what you find out 🙂

Hi @Daniela_Paulo ,

thank you so much for your help.

I located the zap runs and found out that the trigger app (leadpages) sent those replicated data!

I’ll try to contact their support. 

Thank you again!