Skip to main content

I have a google form any-column trigger set up to alert a dedicated slack channel that a new submission has taken place. Recently I added a few more elements to the form and since then slack has been sending the correct message first, then a duplicate of the message but with blank ID fields 2/3 times each (which we definitely don’t want).

Anyone have any ideas how I’d fix this? I’ve tried to refresh the form in settings but I’m a novice so not sure what I’m doing wrong! 

Please help if you can! 

Hi @II_Admin 

Check if there are separate Zaps configured and ON.

Check your Zap Runs history details to help you troubleshoot to see the timestamps and the DATA IN/OUT for each step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Thanks so much @Troy Tessalone - is there anything in particular I should be looking for in the in/out section? This is the first time I’m doing this after someone set it up for me so I’m new to the data. Really appreciate your support.

@II_Admin

Follow the data flow. (DATA OUT from a Zap step can be DATA IN for another Zap step)

Search for unique values to help you isolate the individual Zap Runs involved.

Check the timestamps of Zap steps to help you understand when a Zap Run is happening.

Check the names of the Zap Runs to see if those are the same Zap or different Zaps.