Skip to main content

Hi, I created an automation that from Keap by adding tags the user enters an excel file.

Example:

The user to the user is entered the tag first year academy, by entering this tag, the user ends up in the excel sheet of the first year academy, at the same time, once he will go into the second year when I put the tag second year, this will result in deletion from the first sheet and entry into the second sheet. The only problem I am experiencing in this, that in the excel file there are a lot of duplicate clients, despite the fact that the tag is only put once. How can I avoid this?

As the screenshot shows, my contact receives a tag and based on the tag then goes into the specific automation, where in turn vie transcribed into the appropriate google sheet and is deleted from the google sheet it was previously in. These movements depend on the tag it receives. E.g., new enrollment in the second year or a non-renewal. etc etc.

Hi @Marika 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you trace the data flow and troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode for a Path, so we can see the action event, field types, and field mappings.

Outline a specific example of the duplicates with screenshots from the Zap Runs and GSheets.

1 STEP:  Configure the trigger to start the automation. Adding tag to a contact on keap.

STEP 2: 
I configure the path conditions by entering the tag name. This ensures that the user arrives at the right path.

4/5 STEP: I use the Spredsheet row lookup function, which checks the excel sheet and adds the contact if it is not found. But Unfortunately even using only the simply add to sheet function, duplicates are created.

Here you see the duplicate contacts in Gsheet, I have hidden the emails, but the user is the same, same email, same first and last name.

ZAP DATA IN/ DATA OUT 

@Marika 

You have 2 lookup conditions.

• Email
    • Looking for an ID value from Keap
  • Email
    • Looking for a Last Name value from Keap

Those conditions will never find a matching email address in the Email column of the GSheet.

That is why a new record is being created.

Solution: Fix your GSheet Lookup Row search conditions.