Skip to main content
I am having issues on the “Action” set up for Dropbox in my Zap. I am having trouble locating the folder I am trying to pull in the Google Drive. The title of the folder in the drive should be, "Uploaded Diamond Videos and Images" and the ID of the drive is, 0AMRUR1kdv1ETUk9PVA. Once selecting the Drive option, I am not able to locate the folder, "Uploaded Diamond Videos and Images" in that Drive.

Ideally, the steps of the Zap should be as follows:
1. New File uploaded into shared folder/Google Drive 
2. That file is then matched, located and downloaded within Dropbox 
3. From Dropbox, once downloaded, then uploaded to Amazon s3
4. Once uploaded to Amazon s3 bucket, the following Google sheet within the Zap is to be updated with AWS image and video urls.

I am trying to ensure that steps 1 and 2 work properly first, before moving forward with the final steps. Can you please advise? Any and all help is much appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Hi @geenaashlee 

To provide more context, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Hi there and thanks so much for your help. Below, I have attached a screenshot(second image) of what I am receiving from the Dropbox section of my Zap. I have selected the “Team” space, which is correct, but in the “Folder” section, I cannot locate the most recent updated file that is supposed to be called from the shared Google drive(first image). 

The main Dropbox folder should be /SNOW/Digital Dept/Uploaded Diamond Videos, but the there are other folders within that main folder, and those folders should match what is in the Google drive. Happy to clarify if need be. 

Lastly, this is the what I am receiving in the testing section of Dropbox. 

Hi @geenaashlee, welcome to the Community! 😁

Can you confirm whether the 06-05-2024.xlsx file that Find File action is searching for exists within the 50474_2 folder in Dropbox?

If it’s definitely there can you try selecting just the Uploaded Diamond Videos folder (/SNOW/Digital Dept/Uploaded Diamond Videos) to see if it’s then able to find the file? As that recursive field is set to true it seems that you’ve got the Include files in subfolders? option enabled so that should allow it to find the file within the subfolders of the selected folder.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi @SamB thanks so much for getting back to me. I did confirm the 06-05-2024.xlsx file exist within the 50474_2 folder. It appears that it was not able to locate the folder in Dropbox, because in the Google Drive it was saved under the file format, “xslx” and not saved under this in Dropbox, which is why it was not able to be located. 

I did have one question, regarding the naming of the files in the shared Google drive.  Is there a way for Dropbox to look past this when searching for the file in Dropbox? For example, if a new file is uploaded in Google Drive as "03-05-2024.xslx", but saved in Dropbox as "03-05-2024", can we adjust the settings to only look for "03-05-2024"? 

Thanks so much for your help. 

@TryAbp Thanks for getting back to me regarding my other issue. I did have another question regarding downloading files from Dropbox, to then be uploaded to AWS.  My Zap is set up to locate the new uploaded file in a Google shared drive, to then locate that same file in Dropbox, and once that file is located in Dropbox,  how can I download it to then upload it to my AWS S3 bucket?

Ah I see, @geenaashlee! Are the files always going to be saved with the same file extension?

If so, perhaps you could use a Formatter (Text > Replace) action to remove the .xlsx file extension from the file name. For example:
651f3a1f3848b267b72f6307bf92fcbb.png
Then in your Find File action action you’d use the file name that’s output by the Formatter action so that is only searches for the name e.g. 03-05-2024 instead of 03-05-2024.xlsx

My Zap is set up to locate the new uploaded file in a Google shared drive, to then locate that same file in Dropbox, and once that file is located in Dropbox,  how can I download it to then upload it to my AWS S3 bucket?

For the Upload File (Amazon S3) action, in the File field you’d select the File field that is output from the Find File action (value appears as “Exists but not shown”) - this will contain the file object that can be uploaded to the relevant Amazon S3 bucket. 

Can you give the above a try and let us know how that goes?

@SamB thanks so much for this note here, this worked. I do have two follow up questions.

For future references, will the set up of this Zap allow me to locate and replace the name of different folders that will be uploaded to the Google Drive? I don’t want to have to change it each time. 

Lastly, after locating the folder in Dropbox, I need it to then be uploaded to our AWS s3 bucket. Is there an additional process I can incorporate into my Zap to ensure this takes place for a proper upload? 

Thank you very much, your help is much appreciated. 

Yay! Glad to here that did the trick @geenaashlee! 🎉 

For future references, will the set up of this Zap allow me to locate and replace the name of different folders that will be uploaded to the Google Drive? I don’t want to have to change it each time. 

Just want to confirm are you wanting to locate and rename folders in Google Drive or Dropbox?

If it’s Google Drive, there’s a Find a Folder action for Google Drive that would allow you to locate a folder. But there aren’t any actions available for the ability to rename Google Drive folders. There’s a feature request that’s tracking interest in being able to do that here:

Let me know if that’s what you’re after and I can get your vote added to that feature request to help increase it’s priority, and look into whether there’s any potential workarounds.

If it’s Dropbox, again there’s a Find Folder action that could locate the folder. But there’s only a Rename File action not a “rename folder” action. There aren’t any existing feature requests I can add your vote to for that so if it’s the ability to rename folders in Dropbox that you’re after, you’ll need to reach out to our Support team to ask that a new feature request be added on your behalf for that.

Lastly, after locating the folder in Dropbox, I need it to then be uploaded to our AWS s3 bucket. Is there an additional process I can incorporate into my Zap to ensure this takes place for a proper upload? 

You’d need to add a Upload File (Amazon S3) action to the Zap and select the relevant bucket to have the file uploaded to AWS in a specific bucket. Not entirely sure what you mean by “Is there an additional process I can incorporate into my Zap to ensure this takes place for a proper upload” - can you elaborate on that further? Once I’ve got a bit more context on that I’ll be better able to advise on what’s possible.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply!  🙂