Question

Dropbox Uploads Corrupt some of the time

• 17 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello Zapier Community,

I have a strange issue. I have a hook that sends, among other things, a list of files that are on our web server. If the files are PDF, I have a Zap that Uploads them to Dropbox. The problem is, on a seemingly random occasion, the Upload to Dropbox fails. It doesn’t actually fail the Zap, everything there looks fine. But the file size ends up being ~100 Bytes, which is a corrupt file (it won’t open). I have not been able to find any rhyme or reason to when it fails and the Zapier logs show everything completing successfully. Sometimes the failure occurs with a single PDF file upload and more frequently, it seems to occur when multiple files are uploaded. The original files on the web server open perfectly in all instances. The dropbox version in question is 2.7.0.

Any insight would be welcome, I’m at a loss of how to proceed.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SARGuy 

Things to check/try…

Make sure you are using the newest version of the Zap apps in each step.

Try Looping the files and adding a Delay (After Queue) step.

Badge

Thanks Troy. I considered the looping, my issues is that a Google sheet is updated for each record in the same row but different column and I haven’t been able to successfully make that work. I’ll see if I can get below my 100 max steps to add some delays. Might be time for some cleanup anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SARGuy 

A Zap with 100 steps can probably be optimized.

One way is to use Sub-Zaps.

Another way is to chain Zaps together with webhooks.

Badge

Well, sadly none of these worked. I forked the zap into three using the chain. I then added a loop and delay between each one. Same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SARGuy 

For us to have more context, we would need to see screenshots with specific examples from your Zap Runs history details DATA IN/OUT, as well as how your related Zap steps are configured.

Badge

I may have spoke too soon, I found that I fat-fingered something. I believe it may now be working, I’ll report back with screenshots and logs if not. Thanks for the assist.