Skip to main content
Best answer

Dropbox to S3 error: Response payload size exceeded maximum allowed payload size (6291556 bytes)

• 27 June 2024
  • 7 replies

I have a Zap that sync new files under dropbox folder to S3 bucket. I passed the test when I set up the Zap but when I published the Zap I received an email saying: 

Your Zap could not be turned on

We were not able to turn on your Zap “Dropbox to S3 New Files Automation” due to the following issues after running our checks…

Step 1 - New File in {folder_path} in Dropbox

Response payload size exceeded maximum allowed payload size (6291556 bytes).

I have other Zaps of the same functionality (while sync files from different dropbox folder to different s3 bucket) which run successfully. Not sure why this one fails. 

The file size under this specific folder is from 4KB - 25KB. The total amount of files under this folder is fewer than 4000. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @barryyeee! 🎉

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I did some checking and found that there was a bug report opened for these payload size errors just yesterday. So this appears to be an issue that’s only recently come about. I’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by this issue which helps to increase it’s priority and will allow us to send you an email notification as soon as it’s been resolved.

There’s no reported workarounds at the moment but we’ll be sure to share any workarounds and/or updates here in this thread. 

Thanks again for flagging this, if there’s anything else I can assist with in the meantime please do let me know!

Welcome to the Community @barryyeee! 🎉

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I did some checking and found that there was a bug report opened for these payload size errors just yesterday. So this appears to be an issue that’s only recently come about. I’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by this issue which helps to increase it’s priority and will allow us to send you an email notification as soon as it’s been resolved.

There’s no reported workarounds at the moment but we’ll be sure to share any workarounds and/or updates here in this thread. 

Thanks again for flagging this, if there’s anything else I can assist with in the meantime please do let me know!

Hello Sam,

Thanks for adding me to the list. I received the email notification that told me the bug was solved :

We have made adjustments to optimize the data processing for this trigger. These changes ensure that the data payload remains within the allowable limits, allowing your Zap to stay active without encountering the previous error.

But when I tried to publish the Zap again it still failed with the same error. Should I re-create a new Zap instead of trying to re-publish the old one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting me know, @barryyeee! Ah yes, I’ve just checked and can see that it’s been marked as solved. 😁🎉

In order to take advantage of this fix you’d need to be running the latest version of the Amazon S3 app in your Zaps. Can you confirm whether your Zap is running the latest version?

If it’s not, please check out our Update to the latest app version in Zaps guide learn how to upgrade it.

Keen to ensure you’re all set here so please keep us in the loop on how you get on with that!

Thanks for letting me know, @barryyeee! Ah yes, I’ve just checked and can see that it’s been marked as solved. 😁🎉

In order to take advantage of this fix you’d need to be running the latest version of the Amazon S3 app in your Zaps. Can you confirm whether your Zap is running the latest version?

If it’s not, please check out our Update to the latest app version in Zaps guide learn how to upgrade it.

Keen to ensure you’re all set here so please keep us in the loop on how you get on with that!

Hey Sam,

Just checked the app version and both Dropbox and Amazon S3 are the latest version. Also tried to create a new Zap but it doesn’t work. After I published it and a few minutes later I still can receive the same email saying “Your Zap could not be turned on” because of the payload size error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for confirming that @barryyeee. Ah, I see what’s happened here! I added you to the bug report we had open for those errors that were occurring with the Amazon S3 app which should be resolved. However, looking again at your initial post it seems the error was coming from that Dropbox trigger, not Amazon S3. 🤦 I’m so sorry for the misunderstanding on my part there previously!

We’ve got a similar bug report open for these same “Response payload size exceeded maximum allowed payload size” errors with the Dropbox too so I’ve added you to that. Like before, I can’t provide an ETA on when it will be resolved by by we’ll send another email notification to you once it is. 

In the meantime, I did spot on the bug report that it was noted that setting the "Include file contents?" to “No” allowed resolved things for some users, so I’m wondering if you have that option enabled?

If so, can you try disabling it and let me know whether that then allows the Zap to be remain on? 🤞

Thanks for confirming that @barryyeee. Ah, I see what’s happened here! I added you to the bug report we had open for those errors that were occurring with the Amazon S3 app which should be resolved. However, looking again at your initial post it seems the error was coming from that Dropbox trigger, not Amazon S3. 🤦 I’m so sorry for the misunderstanding on my part there previously!

We’ve got a similar bug report open for these same “Response payload size exceeded maximum allowed payload size” errors with the Dropbox too so I’ve added you to that. Like before, I can’t provide an ETA on when it will be resolved by by we’ll send another email notification to you once it is. 

In the meantime, I did spot on the bug report that it was noted that setting the "Include file contents?" to “No” allowed resolved things for some users, so I’m wondering if you have that option enabled?

If so, can you try disabling it and let me know whether that then allows the Zap to be remain on? 🤞

Hello Sam,

Thanks for updating and adding me to the bug report notification group. Unfortunately I cannot set Include file contents to No in my case. Anyway will keep eyes on the bugfix progress. Thanks for all helps again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome, @barryyeee. I’m sorry disabling the “Include file contents?” setting isn’t going to be a viable option for you.

If we come across any further workarounds or have any news on the status of the bug we’ll definitely share details of that here.