Best answer

Dropbox Sign / HelloSign "Signature Request Signed in Dropbox Sign" Trigger Fail

• 31 May 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m having crazy issues with Dropbox Sign (formally known as HelloSign) regarding the trigger. I’m a paying API customer and can’t get a straight answer from anyone as to why this is happening or how to fix it. 

App: Dropbox Sign / Hellosign

Trigger: Signature Request Signed in Dropbox Sign

Summary: What’s supposed to happen, (as has been performing perfectly for the past two years prior to Dropbox Sign joining the party) is that the document workflow on zapier is triggered every time a signature request on a document is signed.

My Zap is specifically configured to filter out documents that haven’t been signed by all parties (i.e. no status code = awaiting_signature), and continue once all signatures have been received. 

Error 1: Dropbox Sign / Hellosign is failing to trigger after every signature request is signed, specifically the most important one --- when all parties have signed. 

Error 2: I am unable to Load “Events” and despite having hundreds of instances, only one example appears and its always the same exact example for each of the A, B, C events as seen below

Trigger when 2nd to last signer, signed the document….but no trigger when last signed signed..

Unable to load any recent events. Every event that loads is the exact same one

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 June 2023, 00:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @louie2 

Good question.

Some Zap app triggers only return dummy data records so that you can use those to configure the other Zap steps.

Not sure who owns the Dropbox Sign (formerly HelloSign) Zap app integration.

It’s either Dropbox now or Zapier.

But most Zap apps are owned by the app developer, rather than by Zapier.

You can try asking Zapier Support for further guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi @louie2 

Good question.

Some Zap app triggers only return dummy data records so that you can use those to configure the other Zap steps.

Not sure who owns the Dropbox Sign (formerly HelloSign) Zap app integration.

It’s either Dropbox now or Zapier.

But most Zap apps are owned by the app developer, rather than by Zapier.

You can try asking Zapier Support for further guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

It blows my mind that there’s no custodial consistency on Zapier. It’s frustrating that Zapier is selling its platform’s ability to pickup, transport, and deliver data from Company A to Company B (if you are a paying client of both companies), but doesn’t have any skin in the game when Company A’s supply chain is broken and/or Company B is not accepting deliveries.

I would have never paid for the $500 Hellosign API plan for one seat if Zapier --- and put told me that I’d be solely responsible for investigating and pleading to find out who is accountable, and pray that someone from either company would opt to to prioritize this…

I’m not entirely familiar how app platforms work (App Stores etc), but I imagine that there’s some sort’ve standard for app operators on any platform that holds them accountable for delivering a working app and holding them to a minimal standard of quality….and I imagine this is especially true if the vendor is requiring users to buy the app in order to use it. 

@Troy Tessalone where do we go from here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@louie2 

Zapier Support can do a deeper dive into the Zap Run logs to confirm if those event did or did not trigger and if those were deduplicated and thus filtered out behind the scenes.

Same issue here.

What is the status ?