Skip to main content
Best answer

Dropbox-Gmail Zap suddenly stops working with no errors

• 18 July 2024
  • 2 replies

We had a fairly simple Zap set up that suddenly stopped working yesterday morning:

• New file added to a specific folder in our Dropbox
  • File name (a number) is extracted
  • This extracted number is searched for in Google Contacts
  • A custom email with the file attached is sent to the Google Contact (in Gmail)

There are no errors, halts, etc. in the history, the Zap just suddenly stopped working at all. Nothing in Zapier, Dropbox, Google Contacts or Gmail was changed by anyone on our team in the last 24 hours.

We have checked to make sure that the Google Contacts are present, that all of the connections in the Zap are still logged in/working, that our Dropbox is synced up, that all of the steps still have valid inputs and outputs, etc.

We have opened a help ticket with Zapier support and scheduled a call tomorrow with a Zapier agency, but was curious to see if anyone here has experience with a Dropx-Gmail Zap just failing out of the blue.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @altorg 

I had a client with a similar issue recently with Dropbox as a Zap trigger.

Still not resolved.

There were some other issues related to the Dropbox Zap actions.

I advised my client to raise a ticket with Zapier Support.

Issue may be related to a recent migration of Zap apps to the new Zapier Developer Platform version.

Help articles for using Dropbox in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/dropbox/help

Folder contains more entries than file_limit (4000)

Right now, you can only watch for new files in a Dropbox folder if the folder has less than 4000 items in it. You'll receive a hard error from Dropbox (and the Zap will not work) as soon as you exceed this limit. We're working on increasing this, though.

Hi, Troy,

Thanks for the tip, our issue turned out to be that there were more than 4,000 files saved to that Dropbox folder. Once we moved a bulk of the older files to a new folder, the Zap started working again.