Best answer

Dropbox: Folder contains more entries than file_limit (4000)

• 18 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Reading limits of Dropbox, I found this:

Folder contains more entries than file_limit (4000)
Right now, you can only watch for new files in a Dropbox folder if the folder has less than 4000 items in it. You'll receive a hard-error from Dropbox (and the Zap will not work) as soon as you go over this limit. We're working on increasing this though.

Does this mean that I cannot send a file from a folder if this folder has more than 4000? And I cannot upload a file in a folder with more than 4000 files?

I mean: what does “watch” mean?

Every activity?

Tks,

Raffaele

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 January 2023, 12:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Raffoz!

“Watch” refers to the Zap periodically checking Dropbox to see whether any new files have been added since the last time it checked. I believe that “Folder contains more entries than file_limit (4000)” issue should only affect Zaps using the New File in Folder or New Folder triggers. I would have thought that you’d still be able to use the Upload File action for Dropbox without running into that error.

Hope that helps to clarify! Let us know if you have any further questions at all!