Question

Draft says "Failed to Save" but is allowing me to press Publish (Fails to Publish)

• 1 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I am encountering a critical issue with my Zap that is hindering the completion of my AI Email Automation setup. I've successfully built out 98% of the automation, with the only remaining task being an adjustment to the mapping due to a change in the trigger mechanism from Gmail to IMAP by Zapier. This change was necessitated because the original Gmail Trigger does not support integration with ChatGPT.

After switching the trigger, I was able to publish the Zap without any issues. However, I then turned off the Zap to update the mapping to align with the new trigger. During this process, I encountered a persistent error that prevents me from saving my changes or successfully publishing the Zap. Specifically, when attempting to publish, I receive a "failed to save draft" error message, indicated by a Draft Black Icon.

Despite numerous attempts to adjust the mapping and republish, the issue persists, with the Zap occasionally publishing but without incorporating any of the mapping changes, leading to an incomplete test.

I have attached an image illustrating the error message for your reference.

Whenever I hit Publish, it loads as if it will actually publish, but then ends up going back to this same draft view page rather than updating as if its published. 

Please help!! This has delayed me so much in my work :(

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @harsha_t 

Try using a new/different private browser to configure and publish the Zap.