Best answer

DocuSign not staying true to signing order

• 19 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to send loan engagement documents. When a Jotform is submitted it triggers to send the client a DocuSign template.

The template has a signing order, the client, and then the broker. Typically if done manually, the DocuSign would go to the client for signing and then back to the broker to finalise their part.

The zap is set up with the recipient as the client, when the client completes their part, it skips the broker and goes straight to complete and the DocuSign is missing the broker details. 

It seems to completely disregard the signing order/ Zapier does not allow for the broker's details to account for the signing order.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 June 2023, 11:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Relliott! 👋

Sorry to hear the signing order on the template is being ignored. I wonder if it’s because the Create Signature Request (DocuSign) action only appears to allow one one recipient to be added to a signature request. I’m wondering if that’s overriding the settings on the template as it’s only providing one set of recipients for the signature request. 

We’ve got an existing feature request open for this so I’ve added your vote to that. I can’t make any promises as to when that will be added but we’ll send you a notification by email as soon as it is!

In the meantime, it looks like it’s possible to send a signature request by email using a template that includes multiple recipients
2b55f80b981d8463911cd7661b4264ee.png
So I’m wondering if you use the API Request (Beta) action for DocuSign to get it to add both the client and the broker details to the same signature request. It’s a bit more of an advanced action so if you’re not too comfortable with webhooks this might not be an ideal solution but thought it worth mentioning just in case. If it is something you’d be interested in exploring you can find out more about how to set it up here:

Hope that helps. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks Sam, this is a great response.

Hopefully they get that feature included ASAP as it seems pretty crucial.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Relliott,

Awesome! I’m glad SamB was able to help you out!

Just to give you a bit of background, the app creator is responsible for maintaining and updating their integration. So, it might be beneficial for you to reach out to them directly and express your interest in adding that feature. Although they do have access to the feature requests in our system, hearing directly from their users can often make a big difference.

Remember, if you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask in our Community. We're always here and happy to help! 😊