Skip to main content
Question

DocuSign error: USER_NOT_ENVELOPE_OWNER: This user lacks sufficient permissions to access this resource. The user is not the owner of the envelope.

• 11 June 2024
  • 2 replies

This post was split from topic: 

I am having the exact same issue over here. I have a zap setup to populate a template on DS and whilst the general envelope info is being received by Docusign, the form data is not. This did work smoothly for months but as of some time in April / May - it just stopped. I am now also getting an error message: 

While requesting "dev_method" from Docusign we ran into an error: Error fetching form data: USER_NOT_ENVELOPE_OWNER: This user lacks sufficient permissions to access this resource. The user is not the owner of the envelope.

So something clearly isn’t working between Zapier and Docusign. I have had this escalated with DS Support now as Zapier kept insisting that the integration is dealt with solely by them.

At this stage - i will try any suggestion to get this working again!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @JoeParry83,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I have moved your reply to a new topic. I hope you don’t mind!

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured?

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @JoeParry83

Judging by that error there appears to be an issue with the permissions for the connected account as it states “This user lacks sufficient permissions to access this resource. The user is not the owner of the envelope.”. So I’m wondering if the owner of the envelope was changed and that’s causing it to not to work anymore?

Can you take a look in DocuSign and confirm whether the connected DocuSign user is the "owner" of the envelope

Looking forward to hearing from you!