Best answer

DocuSign error : Could not create signature request: INVALIDREQUESTPARAMETER

• 14 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I'm looking to create automation (fairly simple in theory): Quote created in Pennylane -> Sending the quote to the prospect via Docusign via Zapier.But I still get errors like this :

Failed to create an envelope using document in DocuSign : Could not create signature request: INVALID_REQUEST_PARAMETER: The request contained at least one invalid parameter. A document was defined without setting the 'name' field.

Can you help me ?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 5 March 2024, 10:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Julienesspay 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

Yes

Userlevel 1

Hi @Julienesspay 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Here are the screenshots.

To give you an idea, when a quote is created in Pennylane, I want to send it for signature via docusign to my client.

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Julienesspay 

Check the field descriptions for each field for possible guidance.

The error seems to indicate a “name” field wasn’t populated related to a document.

I’m having this exact issue, there is no option to set the name field? We’re supposed to attach a downloadable URL link but then DocuSign wants a name field which we can’t set.

Userlevel 1

Hello @harrisonking , 

It seems to be not possible with Docusign, only with Sign now, this is the feedback I got.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Julienesspay and @harrisonking,

It looks like that’s an error we’ve been running into with DocuSign is a known bug when using the “Send Envelope Request” action. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with DocuSign on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.