Best answer

DocuSign error: Could not create signature request, INVALID_USERNAME_FOR_RECIPIENT.

Userlevel 1

I created a Zap so when something happens it triggers Docusign to send documents to the recipient.  Every time I set up the zap and test it, it fires perfectly, but everytime after it’s published, I retest it and it fails with  this notice.  The username comes from the same source and again works during the test, so something seems to be glitching in Zapier not Docusign.

DocuSign

Could not create signature request: INVALID_USERNAME_FOR_RECIPIENT: The user name for the recipient is invalid. The user name is invalid for recipient email 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 March 2023, 00:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @interim slc 

Good question.

For us to have context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

The Username might be related to the Recipient Name field.

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

@Troy Tessalone Sure, here are screenshots.  Data is being fed by pipelinepro.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@interim slc 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

@Troy Tessalone is this telling me the full name was not extracted because it is in brackets where the email above is not?

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone and if that’s the case, how do I fix it?  Username is selected and it presents good data:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@interim slc 

We’d need to see screenshots with how your Zap trigger step is configured.

Check the DATA OUT for your Zap trigger step, does it include the full name?

{{variable}} means either the value does note exist for the mapped variable or it’s a mismapped variable.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone data out shows First name and last name.  Zapier must have broken those up--full name was fed into the Zap.  What else do I need to look at (thank you for engaging with me, I appreciate it a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@interim slc 

Based on the screenshot you need to

Map the first_name and last_name variables from step 1 in place of full_name in step 2 for DocuSign.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone so even though it just asks for name, I enter both first and last name separately like this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@interim slc 

You probably want to put a space between the 2 mapped variables.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@interim slc 

Once you do that, you can try to replay the failed Zap Runs: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241726989-Replay-failed-Zap-runs

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone you fixed it--thank you a million times, I could not figure it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@interim slc 

Yeah, it should indicate the field is required.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone my zap is working but still kicks out an error message.  What should I do?  Since it’s working I am happy but don’t trust it like I want to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@interim slc

Check the Zap Run DATA OUT for your Zap trigger step, does it include the first name and last name?

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I figured it out, I created a new Zap while chatting with you, the new one worked but I forgot to unpublish the old one, that one threw the error