I have Zap where I want to take a file from a newly created ContentDocument record (PDF) in Salesforce and upload it to a Google Drive. I cannot seem to define the “File” need as it is required in the Zap. No matter which URL I use, the document that gets added in Google Drive is simply a text document with strange HTML markup which I’ve included in the screenshot below.
- Referencing Content Document URL in the ZAP (Private)-
- Text document sent Google Drive with HTML markup instead of PDF
- Using Salesforce standard URL in this test
- Referencing Content Document public link manually created on the Content Document record.
- Despite referencing the “Public” link in the test ZAP, this also generated a strange text file in the Google Drive with HTML markup.
Please advise. Is what I want to do possible within Zapier?
What is your Zap trigger step? (app + event) [best to provide a screenshot]
The file URL needs to be a direct download link.
Often Zap steps return a field for the hydrated field indicated by something like this: file exists but not shown
You can test the different links by copy/pasting into a browser to see if that initiates a direct download of the file.